Fostering in Blackpool
You Can Foster for Blackpool
You could make a difference to a local child’s life by becoming a foster carer for Blackpool Council.
We fully understand that this is a big life-changing decision for you, and we’re here to help you every step of the way.
Blackpool Council have assisted many prospective foster families with their fostering journey, creating a happy, stable and safe environment for an ever increasing number of children.
We can assist you with your initial enquiry, help you throughout the process and offer ongoing support and training opportunities. Our priority is to successfully match our children with the right families.
Applications are welcomed from anyone interested in fostering and who can provide the time, energy and patience a child requires. There is a particular need to recruit foster carers who are able to care for:
- Sibling groups
- Older children and young people
- Children that will be in foster care long term
- Children with additional needs - this might include behaviour that challenges
Our fostering team prides itself upon supporting and providing a dedicated high level of service to help our foster carers grow and develop. Our foster carers benefit from:
- Generous financial allowance
- Comprehensive training programme including the ‘Skills to Foster’ course and ongoing development opportunities
- An allocated social worker who will work specifically with you / you and your family. Regular meetings will take place, allowing you a chance for you to discuss progress and raise any issues
- Regular support groups for you and your family, as well as an opportunity to attend social events
An additional benefit of fostering for your local authority is the knowledge and experience our teams hold, having often been working with the child’s families for a long time. Local authorities have a lot of important background knowledge which they can share with you. Our priority is to match children with the carers who are most suitable for them and their circumstances, and having this information on hand ensures this happens.
Blackpool Council would love to hear from anyone interested in becoming a foster carer, please complete this form and your enquiry will be emailed to the local authority you have selected and a member of our friendly team will be in touch shortly.
Thank you for your interest.