Fostering in Cheshire West and Chester
You can foster in Cheshire West and Chester.
In Cheshire West and Chester we would particularly like to recruit foster carers who are able to care for:
- Brothers and sisters.
- Children over 5 years old.
- Children that will be in foster care long term.
- Children with additional needs. This might include behaviour that challenges or children with disabilities.
Cheshire West and Chester value the contribution of their foster carers and offer a generous support package. This includes:
- Competitive financial allowance which will depend on your skill level and the age of the child you are fostering.
- Comprehensive training programme and ongoing development opportunities, including the skills to foster course, induction training, therapeutic crisis Information and attachment training.
- A named supervising social worker to support you in your role as a foster carer.
- Regular supervision.
- Regular foster carer support groups.
- Regular events and activities to support your fostering family, including sons and daughter of foster carers.
- Access to a fostering support worker.
- Access to the Out of Hours Emergency Duty Team, ensuring you have access to support 24/7.
- Mentoring or buddying with an experienced foster carer.
- Biannual foster carer newsletter to keep you up-to-date .
- Membership to the Fostering Network which is a great resource for foster carers.
Staying local also includes additional benefits such as:
- Keeping children and young people within their local communities.
- Lower travelling distances, for example to school and meetings with birth families.
- Links with Children’s Centres, schools and other professional services.
- The benefit of your local authority’s knowledge and experience. This helps us to match children with the carers who are most suitable for them and their circumstances.
If you’re interested in becoming a foster carer please complete this form and your enquiry will be emailed to the local authority you have selected.