Fostering in Knowsley
You can foster in Knowsley.
People just like you could make a real difference by giving a child a loving home and a brighter future in Knowsley
Knowsley have nearly 300 looked after children in their care and most of these children need a foster home. Every decision we make is made with the child’s best interest at heart. We are passionate about what we do and believe that every child deserves to live in a loving, safe and stable home.
Why choose us?
If you decide to become a foster carer with Knowsley MBC you won’t be on your own; our experienced fostering team will be with you every step of the way. You will receive a financial allowance, full training along with 24 hour support from our team.
- We offer a number of different placements to suit you and your lifestyle and are committed to giving you on-going training and support. The personal development of our carers is really important to us and we want our carers to grow and develop to become the best possible carer they can be.
- All carers have a dedicated social worker along with access to an out-of-hours support service - because we know fostering isn’t a 9-5 job
- We will share our knowledge and first-hand experience with you. We're committed to placing Knowsley children with local carers. Our team has often been working with the child and their family for a while. This gives us a lot of important background knowledge that we can share with you as their carer. This also helps us to match children with carers who we believe will be most suitable for them and their circumstances. We also make every effort to place our children with our own carers before we approach other agencies.
- Our foster carer support group organise regular fun events and activities such as trips to the pantomime, theme parks and parties for all carers and their families.
- We offer a competitive financial and support package. You will be paid an allowance to care for each child you look after and there is also the opportunity to take qualifications which allow you to gain ‘Skills Payment’, similar to a wage.
- Membership to the Fostering Network which is a great resource for foster carers.
- We can also match the financial packages offered by independent fostering agencies, so if you are already an approved foster carer with an independent agency and live in or around Knowsley we would love to speak to you about what we can offer.
If you’ve ever thought about fostering we really would love to hear from you.