Fostering in Warrington
You can foster in Warrington.
In Warrington we are keen to recruit foster carers for children of all ages, including babies and pre-school aged children, primary school aged children and teenagers. One of our biggest priorities is keeping brothers and sisters together.
We would particularly like to recruit foster carers who are able to care for:
- Brothers and sisters.
- Older children and young people.
- Children that will be in foster care long term.
- Children with additional needs. This might include behaviour that challenges.
Warrington Council values the contribution of their foster carers very highly and we offer a generous support package to reflect this. This includes:
- Generous financial allowances from £295 to £495, per week, per child, dependant on your skill level and the age and needs of the child(ren) you are fostering.
- Comprehensive training programme including the ‘Skills to Foster’ course and ongoing development opportunities in areas such as Safeguarding, Safe Care and Paediatric First Aid.
- A social worker specifically allocated to you. You can expect to receive regular meetings which are a chance for you to talk through any problems and share information about children in your care.
- Fantastic support groups for you and your family.
- A great social scene, that you can get involved with if you wish, including coffee mornings, trips out, events such as Christmas parties and award ceremonies, forums and a committee.
- Membership to the Fostering Network which is a great resource for foster carers.
- Two, 7 seater people carriers, yours to use, FREE, at any time.
- All the equipment you will need such as bedroom furniture, bedding, stair gates, prams, car seats etc.
- Holiday payments to assist with the costs of taking a child away.
- Settling in grants to provide children with initial clothing if applicable.
- And much, much more!
Staying local also includes additional benefits such as:
- Short travelling distances, for example to school and meetings with birth families. All of our children go to school in or around Warrington and our offices are based right in the town centre.
- Links with Children’s Centres, schools and other professional services. We’re all based in Warrington and have strong working relationships, making it much easier for us all to work together.
- The benefit of your local authority’s knowledge and experience. Our teams have often been working with the child’s families for a long time. Local authorities have a lot of important background knowledge which they can share with you. This also helps us to match children with the carers who are most suitable for them and their circumstances.
If you’d like to foster for Warrington please complete this form and your enquiry will be emailed to the local authority you have selected.